Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spring has not Sprung

The calendar says spring, the rain on the window says ‘not quite yet’. After a few days of sunshine a week ago, it’s back to gray and wet and cold. This totally diminishes my urge to go outside and joggle. Kate, the world’s largest poodle, doesn’t even want to joggle in this mess.


I had a dream last night that I decided to run a 5K without any training. It was a very vivid dream, I could hear the other runners, felt the rush of excitement as we started to move forward as a giant clot of runners, felt the burn in my shins and lungs as I started up the long slow hill on Broadway. I told you it was vivid. I woke up before the finish, but I did manage to get past the hill and start on the downhill part of the run. My gut tells me that I need to get back in the shoes and set another goal and pick another race or I will NEVER get to cross another one of those finish lines. I totally dig finishing a run.

This past week I joined the Health Challenge at work. My personal goal is to lose 15 pounds, so I am back on the Weight Watchers plan. I am not so good at doing the DIET thing, which is why the Weight Watchers is right up my alley. I can still eat and drink what I want, just more mindful of how much I am actually putting into my mouth. I like the fact that I can “cheat” on this plan by using Activity Points to offset my Food Points. Even though I haven’t strapped on the running shoes in a week, I’ve been still getting a wiggle on with some very brisk walks with friends, some of whom are also doing the Health Challenge. And pushups. I like pushups.


One of the new challenges I’m doing is the
One Hundred Pushups Challenge. It fits into my overall plan to do pushups on a regular basis and seems do-able…similar to the Couch to 5k. If you break it down into small enough pieces, you can actually accomplish it. I think I’ll actually aim to go through it twice; first will be the 100 on the knees girlie pushups, the next will be the 100 tough gal pushups. Thought it was funny that one of the ads on the Push Ups Challenge website was for PushUp Bras. I guess if I had big enough boobs I wouldn’t have to push up so far…would already be half way there!


So here’s to staying healthy, getting more fit, dropping 15, and then dropping and giving 100. And maybe spring will actually show up soon.

2 comments:

  1. boy let me not check blogs for a few days and you post..i admire you getting healthier..i need to have someone like you closer to help motivate me of at least to chat with about healthier things..i will cheer you on from a far..will keep checking back for updates..btw the only thing big boobs do is give you more weight to lift:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You posted! I'm on a competing "fitness challenge" team but I'm cheering you on, none the less. You absolutely have my vote for most likely to kick everybody's butt!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete