Friday, January 2, 2009

Run Chubby Girl Run!

It's time for Run Chubby Girl Run to go public. I look forward to sharing my adventures and escapades with my friends, both new and old. Once I figure out how to copy my original blog over from the Race for the Cure site, will include that as well.

I started off this year with a midnight run on New Year's Eve with my friend, who is always an inspiration to me. I hope to be an inspiration as well to Chubby Girls everywhere. Even Chubby Girls can run. Okay, it's not really a run, it's what I call a Joggle. But you get the idea. The important thing is to JUST GET A WIGGLE ON! That's us crossing the finish line. I'm the purple cow, she's the farmer. What a team. She's still speaking to me even after listening to my cowbell CLANG CLANG the entire way!

I am so excited about putting 2008 behind us and i just know that 2009 is just full of opportunities and events not yet known. I can hardly sit in my chair just thinking about it. I'm planning on joggling in the Shamrock Run, maybe participating in my first dualthon (i can't swim, so no tri for me yet). I'll probably be one of the oldest people doing it, but I am slowly warming up to the idea that I am not a kid anymore. It's been a real shocker for me. In our New Year's Eve run, we were classified as "masters". Once I got over the disbelief, then I was cool with it. Fewer people competing with us! Hot dog! If we can make it to 70, just might OWN the division. That's what I'm thinking.

Anywho, here's to getting the wiggle on in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment